Thursday, August 12, 2010

Love of Food + Diet = ??????

So with being on a diet for the first time in years, I am realizing just how much I ate... seriously tipping 2,000 calories a day was not unusual. And the thing is, I love food... really really really love food.

It's not just eating it, not just fatty foods, etc.... but everything about it. I love to cook, I love trying new recipes and even more... I love baking. Whenever I'm stressed, or depressed, or nervous I can bake. There's something about measuring and timing a pan of brownies, icing a cake, or making cookies that just relaxes me and puts everything right in the world.

I also enjoy eating... ok, clearly everyone on here loves eating or they wouldn't be needing to find a healthier lifestyle. But it brings so much joy in little bites. You can remember home by making something my mom made... or at a restaurant you can experience a new culture, or new technique you yourself could never do. And there's more to eating then just intaking food. I love going to restaurants with friends, birthday parties with family, picnics... everything.

Now, I realize I don't have to give it all up... but this first week... it's rough and it's hard to imagine going to a BBQ and being able to not eat a little of this and a lot of that adding up to double what I should be eating. But it is possible... right??? It's possible to live a full life, eat stuff you love (yes in smaller portions), and still be a sexy, thin woman?? I sure hope so... and right now, hope is the only thing I do want to over indulge in!

3 comments:

  1. Check out www.sparkpeople.com

    It's a free online site that will help you figure out how much you should be eating, and it also has some very good food tracking tools. It's nice because it's not just about calories...it will track just about any nutrient or food category that you want it to, if you want to work on nutrition too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I am using sparkpeople, and so far it's great! I had never heard of it until a girl I used to work with started posting it on facebook.

    ReplyDelete