Saturday, August 14, 2010

Realizations

When I started this whole weight loss journey, I told myself I would be completely honest with myself... something I haven't done in a REALLY long time (at least not about my weight).  I was never really honest with just how out of shape I had become.  So here are some things I used to do... can no longer do... but want to be able to (at least physically) do again:

Tennis: I played tennis for 4 years in high school... I was never great, but I could get through a whole match... and my senior year when I was named captain of the team, there were times when I would play a varsity match, then turn around and play a JV match to make sure everyone got to play.  I think today I would be lucky to survive one GAME (a match can be up to 30 games easy).

Marching: Ok, I don't really want to get back on the football field and march... but I was good in marching band... I was energetic and could do all the parades and games with no problem.  Aside from not remembering how to play the fight song anymore... I also can't imagine marching a 5 mile parade route either!

Crunches: Before my junior prom... wow I had the most amazing dress.  It was an empire waist, but fitted until the waist, and had an open back.  At the time I wanted so much to look good in it, and to make sure I did I used to do crunches every afternoon after school... by the time prom came around I was doing 600 a day easy.  And it's funny because at the time I didn't think that I looked as amazing in that dress as I wanted to... but man, would I give ANYTHING to be able to wear that dress again!

Overall 10 years ago, I wasn't happy with myself... I was happy with my accomplishments, but not with me.  Today, I am happy with myself, I have more confidence now then I ever did... but also have a lot more weight too.  So, I'm looking forward to seeing if I really can get back to where I was, and this time... be happy with it... happy with me!

1 comment:

  1. That would be a wonderful gift to yourself! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete