Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend aka I'm Really Sore!

This weekend was crazy for me. On Saturday I went to my college roommate's wedding reception (she got married in Alaska, but then celebrated with family back in Ohio).  I make sure I ate something healthy before I left, just so I wouldn't be starving and eat all sorts of delicious yet fattening appetizers.  When it was time to eat I was good, skipping dips, deep fried foods, and completely bypassing the desert table (a BIG step for me).  I did treat myself to a cupcake, which I accounted for before I even went up there!  It was great... and I wasn't hungry at all.  Then I danced... danced my HEART out for a good hour and a half, only stopping twice!  And downing 2 bottles of water!  It was soooo much fun since after all that's what the bride and I did back in college!

So the next morning I was sore, but it was time for our big family reunion!  After a light and healthy breakfast we headed over.  I knew that it was a potluck, but I came prepared, making a light and delicious tomato & cucumber salad!  But there were lots of fruits and veggies there so I loaded up on those for lunch and dinner (it's an all day event).  I did allow myself a tasting of my aunt's delicious potato salad, and a sliver of my mom's homemade and better then you would ever find in any restaurant pies (yeah she made 5 delicious pies... but I just took bites of my 2 favorites!)

But it's not just the food... we also play beanbag tournaments (like cornhole).  And when my 85 year old grandma needed to stop I volunteered to step in!  After all, I was out in the first round and was just sitting!  Then of course we played softball.  Now usually I half-ass it... picking to play outfield and just slowly jogging to bases.  But I decided this year... why not go for it!  I took 3rd base knowing it would force me to do more action and I almost caught the ball twice!  Surprising myself both times that I even went after it at all!  Then when my team was up to bat I volunteered to be catcher (we have a small family so you have to catch for your own team) I did this so I would once again NOT sit on the bench and take a break, I wanted to stay moving the whole game!  Oh, and did I mention my three awesome hits!  Now I did not make it to base... but I did have an RBI, and I sprinted as fast as I could, making sure to give it my all!!! 

It was a great weekend, but today I am SOOO sore!  It took me all day to find the motivation to do my strength training exercises!  But I did them, even in front of my boyfriend who said I do not look sexy doing them, much to my surprise!  haha!  I may not be able to get out of bed tomorrow morning, but that's what alieve is for right?  Hope everyone else had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment